Do you love smoothies but hate spending money and time at those fancy juice bars 😜? Do you wish you could whip up a delicious and nutritious drink in the comfort of your own home? Well, you're in luck, because I'm going to show you how to make a smoothie in 5 minutes or less with just a few simple ingredients and a blender. Trust me, it's easier than you think!
## What You'll Need
- A blender. Any kind will do, as long as it can crush ice and blend fruits and veggies. If you don't have one, you can borrow one from your neighbor, or just use a hammer and a bowl. (Just kidding, don't do that.)
- A liquid base. This can be water, milk, yogurt, juice, or any non-dairy alternative. The amount depends on how thick or thin you like your smoothie, but I recommend starting with about a cup and adding more as needed.
- Fruits and veggies. This is where you can get creative and use whatever you have on hand or in season. Some of my favorites are bananas, strawberries, blueberries, mangoes, spinach, kale, and carrots. You can use fresh or frozen, or a mix of both. Aim for about 2 cups of fruits and veggies per smoothie.
- Optional extras. If you want to boost the flavor and nutrition of your smoothie, you can add some extras like honey, peanut butter, protein powder, chia seeds, flax seeds, oats, or cocoa powder. Just a tablespoon or two of any of these will do the trick.
- Last but not least, you'll need a Lifehouse Adaptogen Blend to boost that smoothie!
## What You'll Do
- Put your liquid base in the blender first. This will help the blades move more smoothly and prevent chunks of ice or fruit from getting stuck.
- Add your fruits and veggies. You can chop them up if they're too big, or just throw them in whole if you're feeling lazy. (I won't judge.)
- Add your optional extras if using any. You can also add some ice if you want your smoothie to be colder and thicker.
- Blend until smooth. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the blender or add more liquid if it's too thick. Taste and adjust as needed. You can add more fruits, veggies, or extras to make it sweeter, creamier, or more filling.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy! You can also top it with some granola, nuts, or coconut flakes if you're feeling fancy.
And that's it! You've just made a smoothie in 5 minutes or less. How easy was that? Now you can enjoy a refreshing and healthy drink anytime you want, without breaking the bank or wasting time. Cheers!